Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: The Sith Meeting Place

I have found some interesting documentation on the Sith, their order, and the timeline of their formation and development: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith

I dont think the rule of 2 was a good idea, as I feel Lucas wrote himself into a corner. I think this was short sited as it makes the presence of thousands of Jedi vs. 2 Sith an unrealistic battle.....and for the Sith to reign as long as they did with only 2 makes absolutly NO sense. It basically makes the Jedi ability to use the FORCE worthless.

Additionally, I think it was short sited as I dont think that Lucas thought SOOOOO many people would want to know about, follow, and play Sith characters. I have met like 2 people that actually want to play a Jedi. The Sith just are cooler.

Finally, I think Lucas messed up the story line by making the Jedi these boring monk-type characters that cant love or have any thing but a rudimentary knowledge of the FORCE, governed by their masters. Their message is flawed, since they are continuously preaching to each other to calm themselves and bring balance to the FORCE. That is really the preachy BS of a NEUTRAL Jedi...not a Light of Good Jedi.

I could go on and on as to how Lucas hosed the story line, allowed it to get convoluted, and made it so I dont want to be a Jedi. Thank God for BioWare and the many Good story tellers that have made attempts to salvage to the story line. I still give him credit for creating it, but simply feel he lost his way.......just look at episodes I to III.
Forum Image

Jump to: