Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Met with the Guild Launch crew

Guild,

On Tuesday I drove down to the Richmond, VA based corporate HQ for Guild Launch. Guild Launch is the provider of this web based guild management tool, which we enjoy on a daily basis.

I was concerned at first that I would end up in SAW VII, as I was not expecting the corporate folks of a successful company to be contacting 1 of millions of customers. Especially, since I have zero web background. I think they kind of dug the site, or just remembered me from all of the trouble tickets I had trying to get things optimized (to account for my errors).

The good thing is that their office was in a nice part of town in a very impressive building. I got inside the office and it was a typical small company setup with computers everywhere and CAT-5 cord coming over the walls.....ah...making me proud as a systems engineer Happy.

I met with Stephen (the owner and lead developer) and Mike (the customer experience manager). We chatted it up,then got down to the business at hand. I gave them the run down on why I chose their tool, what my requirements were, and what problem areas I had with the experience. Finally, we got into the future plans for the tool and they told me how to do some cool things....which I plan to implement when I get a little more time.

We went to a great Mexican joint and got some kick @$$ chow, then parted ways. The experience was surreal, as it was so cool to meet with people that work by doing something they love. I hope to see them at a convention or two down the road, and hope to have them throw a couple of alts into our TOR guild or something.

Good times!

Lordhammer

Forum Image

Jump to: