Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Will there be a need for PVP servers?

Guild,

We got further information on PVP during E3 this year. We learned there will be cool PVP specific armor and that we will be able to go through 4 person (8 with companions) battle zones. These battle zones will act as instanced based areas for Republic and Sith groups to converge with the intention of PVP action.

I saw no content concerning open world PVP, nor PVP servers. Thus, I am currently thinking that they may do what SWG did; which was to have zones that flag you as a combatant. These came with activation times and cool downs. This type of PVP was fun when somewhat even forces met in these areas. This type was not fun when you went to another planet's star-port, having forgotten to un-flag as a combatant.

Forum Image

world pvp in a predetermined area would probably work better. it would be akin to the abyss in Aion where everything was fair game, and it was dynamic, changing the influence of a faction in response to how many points a faction holds. a fully dedicated pvp server however is a bit too much, especially early in the life cycle of the game. "PVP happens" doesnt necessarily have to be fully sanctioned endorsed and suggested by the games developer. let what will be, be.
CRR_Carla

While I didn't mind having "zones" like the Abyss in Aion, I would prefer to have a full PVP server. It's not that I am some PVP nut that wants to gank or be ganked, I just believe it gives more of a "real world" threat "feeling" to your gaming experience.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: