Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: What about the Red Crystals?

Guild,

Over the past weeks, we learned about the new Planet of Ilum. This is a harvesting ground for Jedi in search of natural Blue and Green crystals for use in lightsaber construction. The planet is off the beat and path, and normally well hidden and protected by Jedi. Thus, a great potential battle ground for the Sith Empire to go party.

Forum Image

That made me start wondering about the Red crystals and where they can be found. In short, they are synthetic...so they can be found anyplace you have the right equipment. The bonus is they are more powerful, and the negative is they are more unstable. I can live with that. Full details can be found here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Synthetic_lightsaber_crystal

Forum Image

ohh man I just thought of something that made me say ooohhhhhh.

What if the sith aligned crafters had the ability though equipment that they could create to make the red crystals for the sith empire? That would be soooooo awesome.

Quote:
Description

Though synthetic crystals were ordinarily unsuitable for use in lightsabers, the Sith discovered that they could create synth-crystals which they energized, magnetized, and modified with the power of the dark side of the Force in special furnaces, causing the crystal to glow in harmonic vibration. As a result of their artificial origins, synthetic crystals created more powerful lightsaber blades and could be more easily augmented. Also, their common usage by Sith and other Darksiders after this discovery caused synthetic crystals to became a staple of such groups, and their use among Jedi was strongly discouraged.[3]

Most synthetic crystals are red, as a result of both the forging process and often the initiate's intentional manipulations, as most individuals who utilize synthetic crystals are Darksiders. The red-hued lightsaber blades generated by such crystals were often nicknamed "bloodshine blades". However, synth-crystals could be made in any color, requiring only slight adjustments of the creation process and special manipulations through the Force during the forging. As Jedi frowned on the use of synthetic crystals in lightsabers, most individuals who utilized colors other than red were Darksiders looking to hide their affiliations.[3]
Creation

Synthetic lightsaber crystals were manufactured within a machine known as a geological compressor. The original purpose of the compressor was to replicate geological conditions on distant worlds in a laboratory setting, and it was easily adapted for creating synthetic crystals, as crystals are a result of geological processes. The raw material that the crystal was fashioned from was easily accessible, simply being minerals with a high carbon concentration. The raw material would then be placed within the machine and essentially left to bake for a period of twenty-four hours, during which time, the initiate creating the crystal would meditate on it with the Force, guiding the formation and increasing the potency. This allowed for an initiate to create a crystal that best suited his or her own needs.[3]

Based on that information why couldn't a crafter in game do this? I really don't see that it would be that difficult to do personally. You would just maybe have to be a force wielding sith.

Make it happen Bioware!!!!!!

Buttniks
Chancellor

Having a profession devoted to making synth-crystal would be too much. It would probably be an ability a Sith force user learns within the starting levels. It would be much more fun if we can make our own crystals and lightsabers. No need to rely on someone else or level up a profession or take up a profession slot(if they make the crafting like WoW).
Vrock_Swtor

Buttniks wrote:
(if they make the crafting like WoW).

lets pray they don't do that, it would be a shame. Might as well not even have crafting if it was that lame-o.

Buttniks
Chancellor

Gunjnir wrote:
Buttniks wrote:
(if they make the crafting like WoW).

lets pray they don't do that, it would be a shame. Might as well not even have crafting if it was that lame-o.
It would be horrible if they did that.
I pray that they release more detailed information about crafting soon.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: