Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: The Cinematic Experience

Hi guys,
Gamespot got some really cool images from the folks at EA BioWare and the rest of the SWTOR crew. As I look at them, it really sinks in as to how they are making this game seem like you are playing in a movie. The images (both) have iconic poses that you can easily remember from the films. So, this leads one think about that....in terms of how distracting is grouping going to be in pugs or while hanging in Vent. I have brought this up a number of times, but the data received over the past few weeks on Flashpoints had really gotten me to thinking...again.

Forum Image

In many ways, a Flash point is a progression level Raid or Instanced base group quest that is repeatable. Imagine all of the pain in pugging one of these with folks that are rushing to get through the FP just to get to a point they have been to before? Or, imagine how annoying it will be to pug with a person that is constantly telling you all the stuff that is about to happen. I am not sure of where I am going with this other than to say I feel we all need to take caution in grouping in this game. I think/ advise that folks agree on how groups will be conducted prior to adventuring...otherwise your cinematic experience can be ruined by some uncaring or un-thinking person.

I know that grouping in the guild is good way to do these (I hope), as most of us are on the same sheet of music and (should) will be respectful to one another. I think this extends to Vent. I've stated it before, that some folks use the Vent as a party line. I plan on being in a group channel when soloing or doing FP's. So, don't get offended if you see me "leveling" solo or in groups in a group channel. This is to avoid the distractions of an open Vent. Other than that, I plan on hanging and talking with folks to be social. Again, I am not sure if any other game has had this potential distraction become an issue. Time will tell, and I hope we all can work with one another to respect each others' gaming experience.

Forum Image

There's no doubt questing in this game will be different when grouping. I'm sure we will have not problems in vent since I hope, everyone here will want to hear the story undisturbed.

Chancellor

I think a lot of the time it is going to make sense to go to a group channel when experiencing new content and be in the main channels to chat while exploring, crafting, pvp'ing, or playing through content you've expeirenced before. With so much voice over and video I think I will probably do a lot of vent channel hopping.
Midnight Lost
Senator

As far as flashpoints go, I will probably only run them with guildies and other close friends. For the most part will probably avoid pugs if I can to reduce the chance of some one trying to ruin one of the possible cut scenes.

As for vent, I will probably only be on during a raid or guild meeting. Or adjust the volume so that I will still be able to hear the NPC talk, as well as whoever is talking on vent.

I will be in vent when needed during normal grinding, crafting play times, but when you have a game that has put so much effort into developing a awesome story like this one has sometimes you just have to turn it off.

while doing my personal class quests and the like I will probably go vent off so that I can immerse in the story.

I will say however that I do see some good times in vent while playing things like flashpoints and warzones and such with teams from the guild. The story choice discussions and ranting sounds like it will be fun indeed.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: