Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Advanced Classes are getting updates

Guild,
Today's weekly Friday update from BioWare had some really meaty information, which has essentially been lacking in the past few weeks since the wonderful explosion of information we got from PAX East. Advanced classes were discussed by Principal Lead Combat Designer, Georg Zoeller.
Forum Image

We knew that each class will get to choose from two advanced classes, but it was confirmed today that you will get to choose your advanced class STARTING at level 10, thus you can stay your base class until you decide to go to the advanced class. I assume this is like the KOTOR game, to allow you to stack a few extra points into an advanced class. You could do this to some degree, but you were normally gimped if you didn't do it beyond a certain level. Given this is an MMO, we may see groups and guilds work to get a gimped player XP long enough to get levels to stack the deck for a certain build. However, we just don't know.
Forum Image

Forum Image

We also learned that essentially each class will have a tank and a healing path, to enable versatility of the classes. Thus, you could have an Inquisitor that can tank or a Sith Warrior that can heal himself. Some people gripe, but this totally makes sense as Darth Sidious PWN'ed three Jedi Masters in less than 15 seconds, then went on to duel the "supposed" best swordsman in the Jedi Order: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM_nBvjpidE Bounty Hunters will be able to heal, which again makes total sense as Delta Force, Seal Teams, and Mercenary groups need Medics to patch them up, stabilize them, then get them evacuated to a Doctor.

None of this is final, but it is looking good. Happy

Last edited by Hammer Six on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:13 am; edited 3 times in total

I actually enjoyed this update. Though it is subject to change, still looks pretty good. The wait is almost over!

I don't know if that scene with Sidious is the best example of Inquisitor martial prowess. Two out of three of those masters kinda went out like bitches(I'd question their oneness with the force) and Mace danced with Sidious a little but ultimately schooled the old man until that emo kid Sith apprentice came around and Mace inexplicably decided that alone in a room with the Sith Lord was the time to start trusting him.

It was a sweet update though and Inquisitors are going to wreck faces across the galaxy. Something, something, something, darkside!
P1zzaTheHut
Senator

yea this openes so much up now! Time to re evaluate my toon! Gunslinger sounds pretty good for pvp! Though medic bounty is not all that bad either! Hmm
Buttniks
Chancellor

Great update, what surprised me was the Inquisitor tanking. I bet Mercenary Bounty Hunter will be an awesome pvp class. Heavily Armored dps/healing, that would have to be a tough mofo to kill.

Prefect

I loved this update. Want game nao

this is outstanding. i cannot wait to play. it adds so much versatility with reguard to your role that you play and with playstyle as well.

it just opened up for more idea's and seems like we are reaching a close time once this type of info is released.. Or thats what i hope..=) We will see in the next few weeks/months!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: