Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: We're growing at a nice rate

Guild,

I want to thank you all for continuing to stay focused and positive in vent as we continue to wait for SWTOR to come out. I also thank those that have gone to the the guild's BioWare page: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5941/umbra and signed up there. Again, this is how BioWare is planning to load balance their servers a couple of weeks prior to the game launching. In short, they will take the listed guilds to ensure each Guild gets their name (yay) and then will add them to a server. The good part about it is that we get to lock in our name, and we can also have an adversary or ally loaded with us. The quickest way to get to this site under normal circumstances is to click on the BioWare Pre-launch button I created above.

Forum Image

There is no word yet on if we will get to pre lock in our character names, but this is better than most attempts. Other successful methods was evidenced in RIFT's launch in which they did queues. This wa a very smart way to build a system that could accept the load of X users. The negative part was that peeps got pissed off waiting in the queues. Either way will have a pain point associated, but the net result is server stability....which in my mind will always win.

Forum Image

OK, so I am currently locked into E3: http://www.e3expo.com/
I have my interviews and game time scheduled. So, what are some things you guys are interested in me asking while I am there? Also, what are some things you want me to try to play to find out. Please remember, I will only have about a half hour or less to play (probably) so I can only try to find out so much. Fortunately, I will be hanging with my friends at Darth Hater, and can ask them a ton of stuff too.

Good stuff man, if BioWare does hold a community meet and greet outside of E3 I definitely will be going. Hopefully see some you guys there.

All I really want to know is... I don't want to seem like an inpatient bastard, but are we going to see a wide scale beta. envy

Chancellor

More details on the difference in game of casual and hardcore crafter. They said it would be a full time thing to be a hardcore crafter but I really want to understand why. How they implement it could make a very large impact on many of my game choices.

Buttniks wrote:
Good stuff man, if BioWare does hold a community meet and greet outside of E3 I definitely will be going. Hopefully see some you guys there.

All I really want to know is... I don't want to seem like an inpatient bastard, but are we going to see a wide scale beta. envy

Im with u on that one! I'll be the impatient bastard to cover you up! Ill take the heat! =)

Naa but everything is looking good and the guild is becoming a great community and a strong positive group!
MrFester

If you need a camera man at E3 just let me know!

Fester,

I need a camera man badly, cuz Vall can't go. I wish you had told me sooner, but now the media passes request is over.

Thanks,

-LH

Hey All,

First off I wanted to say that while I'm one of the new guys, I can see some real groundwork being laid that will make this a great guild come launch. I have a few questions that might be worth asking.

How do they plan to make the leveling experience a non-grinding means to an end? Can xp be earned by alternative methods; PvP, resource gathering, etc?

What features do they feel will keep max level players interested and playing their "mains"?

All things being equal, how often can we expect content updates?

Will the alternative weapon choice talent builds remain competitive to their original counterparts? For example, will the single saber dps builds compete with the double saber versions?

Did they lose my resume? I'm still waiting to hear back.

Robowski
Prefect

Do they plan to have multiple talent roles, similar to Rift or WoW?

MrFester

Robowski wrote:
Do they plan to have multiple talent roles, similar to Rift or WoW?

The short answer is no. The Bioware answer would be something like this" Not at launch "

Bummer, with all of the advanced class options they were talking about, I was hoping that switching specs wouldn't be a hassle.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: