Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: E3 is upon us!

Guild,

We had an amazing blast of information over the past 2 days on the Star Wars: The Old Republic news front. Essentially, we got 5 separate updates which started early on Thursday. We found out that EA will be releasing the game through normal distributors for box sales; however, for digital download they will be using their new service - Origin. Origin is a licensed name they got a while back through acquisition. This is the legacy company that created Ultima Online for us. Well, they have repurposed this name as the new monecher and face of the old EA store and their attempt at a social network...which BioWare did a lot of front end work on with Mass Effect and Dragon Age. The reason this is important, Origin will be the only digital download method to purchase the game. Thus, Direct2Drive and STEAM won't offer SWTOR for download.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

We also had an EPIC video provided to us as an exclusive reveal through Gamespot titled E3 2011 Trailer. This video had a lot of what we already know and expect, with a few new items that we have been waiting for. First, we got a glimpse of the social hub areas in which we see dancing and dueling. we also see a banking/ commerce area, which looks a lot like a stock exchange or something similar.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

We get some cool shots of traveling on mounts (which we all knew were going to be in any MMO coming out in 2011). Also, we got a great new shot of the PVP. This is particularly cool with the new polish the game has gone through, specially the great FORCE lightning shot at the bottom right of the page. The BIG reveal we have all been waiting for and wanting is RAIDING!!! We still know zero, but the images and the small amount of footage RULED!!!

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Finally, I am super happy to be one of the few people to get into the EA press conference. For those that can't be there, you can view it live at: SPIKE TV. This is going to be an event in which I think we will get something EPIC announced! If we don't get anything cool then I will be looking to treat them like a Jawa.....

Forum Image

Indeed.

This weekends updates were pleasently surprising. I wasnt expecting anything more then a Fan Friday, but my expectations got blown out of the water. I have already downloaded Origin and first impression, it is nice and easy to use. Sadly, because my internet provider here in mexico, all the game titles are in spanish.

Probably one of the best non-cinematic videos yet. Even my wife was impressed.

Have fun at E3.. If you can get some cool BF3 swag and send it my way.. you know, that would be swell. envy

I just want to have tournament to toss the Jawa the furthest and be able to bet on it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: