View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazylor
Senator

re: Annihilation and Carnage

So today I took the time to go over many of the classes because earlier I had a sudden interest in how so many classes would be able to play multiple roles effectively without one being the prime king of the role. Anyway, my post isn't necessarily to put down my ideas for each class, but to focus on the Marauder AC's talent trees. Also these are all my assumptions based on the info I could find from these sites. Since some of the info is from wiki, it can't always be trusted, but my general perception of each tree is the main two talents represented on the official swtor site for each tree.

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Carnage
http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Annihilation
http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

Anyway, so I investigated a bit, and I believe I've gained a general understanding of what Bioware plans to do. From my understanding both skill trees are close quarters combat dps with sustained damage throughout fights. I believe the Carnage tree is more of a sustained burst dps tree, so it's main focus would probably be on attack speed and increasing it's initial burst, if it has one, that way it'll start offensively and stay on the offensive. If you've played LoL I'd say this tree most likely resembles the champion Jax, a character who with every third physical attack would deal an extra amount of magic damage.

Side Note: Would be awesome to have an in your face burst/dps character!

The Swtor site leads me the believe that the Annihilation skill tree is more of a Tanky/DPS class, but upon inspecting the information on the wikia page, I've been lead to believe both classes are simply melee burst dps in two different play styles.

So I'm looking for some feedback from the rest of you guys to see what you think. I recall hearing somewhere that people will be able to play the classes in swtor in almost anyway they like. I can't remember exactly where I heard it, but if it's true it would explain why the Annihilation tree has such strange new talents compared to the original two showed on the official site. Yet, that's only if those skills are real anyway. To close, any help or input would greatly be appreciated, and any speculation on how this and the rest of the trees will work together is welcomed.

Sounds like you're on the right track! I've seen sources claiming that the main difference in trees is sustained vs burst as well.
Crazylor
Senator

Darth Galix wrote:
Sounds like you're on the right track! I've seen sources claiming that the main difference in trees is sustained vs burst as well.

Sweet! In that case any marauder should definitely identify what skill tree they're playing, so at least by beta we all have our teams etc. Yet, it shouldn't be hard with the size of flashpoint teams you should be able to make a basic team with a healer and tank then have all types of dps combinations. Should be fun figuring out what works best together.

Jump to: