View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnicidious
Prefect

re: Healer Symposium

Well with the game officially getting underway bit by bit, I am thinking perhaps those of us who are choosing to be healers should make our own think tank group. Not just the Sorcs who choose to heal, but the BH-Mercs, and Op-Medics as well. Just as we level share our own experiences and try to optimize how we heal in this brave new world(s).

Those who will not take a grasp at power have no right to it.
Shutupnrok
Zak-Shutupnrok
Senator

Great idea! Count me in. Sorc.

Prefect

Well A little trick I used a lot was (as a sorcerer.)was of course to shield people up before engaging in the bosses. I would do 1 dps first, the tank second, the other dps, and then myself. After that rest up to top off the energy bar.

As I am resting I would tell the tank to "GO!".
I would get almost topped off or full by the time they engaged, and everyone would have a shield running for any initial bit of damage. The tanks shield was usually gone first, but since they get a debuff for it for 30 seconds or so that prevents them from getting another, the debuff timer was pretty much gone by the time the shield was used up.

I tried to avoid using the shield except for the tank and myself, because it was expensive. 65 force cost in beta. But as they didn't actually say exactly how much the shield absorbed, it is hard to tell.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Taaven
Prefect

This sounds good to me. I am going agent healer. Any advice or tricks to pass on to improve my healing is appreciated.
welostr2
Senator

count me in
ckuhlman
Prefect

Count me in as well!

cobrakai
omnicidious
Prefect

Cool, I shall start trying to possibly get some sample builds going. I just remember when I started to want to heal in an MMO I was given the cold shoulder and had to learn the hard way.

Wanting this fresh new game to not be the same experience I had way back then for anyone if I can help it.

@Gecko: I like your idea here, basically bubble everyone up(tank first) and top off your force(forgive me if in my rapid typing i call it mana later on). Fight starts and the bubble might dissipate after a hit or two, but it has negated some damage and the debuff is either worn out or almost worn out. Happy

Those who will not take a grasp at power have no right to it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Sorcerer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: