View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImHeelar

re: BH Bodyguard

Has anyone played around with Merc-bodyguard spec yet to see what the heaing is like?

i did shortly before the beta ended and it is what I am going to roll on release. I shoot pistols of healing awesome sauce at my own guildies to heal them.....on top of shooting healing missles.... lightning what?

Heelar's recipe for Healing PVE end game. let me know your thoughts
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRzRdcdzqZrcoz.1

I've been leveling as healer, althought I'm not max level by any means so I don't know about end game. But so far in flashpoints I've been able to heal like a fool. With proper heat management, I can go forever. I also have very effective massive burst healing capability. Multiple interrupts, stuns, and incapacitation... seems like a good setup. I haven't played any of the other healing classes, but I think BH has a very viable potential for healing due to the mechanics at our disposal.

Plus healing with blasters and rockets FTW!
ImHeelar

With the right heat ventillation bodyguards are amazing single target/tank healers or in the pinch spot healers for raiding no doubt, Im playing with different atttributes right now to get a good feel on how high warden plus gear crit is gonna play in heavy heals. Ill keep my theorycrafting updated as I go along.. next im playing with alacrity and power.

Yeah I'm really curious on the tradeoff between crit and power. Alacrity seems kind of pointless for bodyguards due to the heat mechanic. Crit is obviously important due to the high end talent bonuses for it... but I can't decide if I should go straight crit or work in extra power for just overall thoroughput.

Not max level yet so messing around with different gear isn't real easy. Looking to focus on my cyberteching soon so hopefully I can create some equivalent gear sets to compare the diff.

Curious to see what your results have been, Heelar.

Prefect

Honestly gonna have to figure out a nice balance between Crit, Power, and alacrity.
Since power is a straight boost, it always gives a bonus to stats. Crit is nice, but is not a guarantee. Alacrity, well a speed boost to casting is nice, but again with heat it is a concern, as with force as well, due to the too much heat, and\or running out of force.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci
ProjectAlice
Osirous
Prefect

Some of the more intelligent arguments I've seen for alacrity have been focused around the concept of increasing your snot rockets (rapid shots) in between casting heals, to pump up your supercharge faster. This makes sense to me.

In my mind I was thinking my casts would go faster, increasing my heat generation, but if I cast the same amount of heals in my rotation and just increase the snot rockets, I generate the same amount of heat but build up combustion chambers faster so I can supercharge more, which DOES dissipate heat as well as increase healing output.

I may revisit my thought for ignoring alacrity. I still think Aim->Power->Alacrity->Crit->Surge, however. But the value of Power vs. Crit (and surge) really will depend on the math once we find out the stat scaling and diminishing returns. Some of the theorcrafters I've read so far seem to think Power doesn't scale very well for healing (better for dps) but crit and surge scale very well if you keep them balanced right. Interesting idea, but will need more confirmation before I completely start drinking the crit-koolaid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Mercenary All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: