View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagor Braggolach
Braggolach
Prefect

re: Theory Craft

Just wanted to touch down and ask about possibilities for mitigation theory crafting. To those currently in beta, or soon to be, what affect do the core stats for SJ determine, and how will tweaking one affect the other etc. From what i can see so far, they have defense rating, strength, endurance, however, the secondary, what im assuming are PT stats (aim, glance absorption)might also help with overall mitigation. Im really just selfishly trying to get some overall indication of how to take a build early on to have the max survivability with the earliest availability.

I'm not level 50 yet, so I haven't put a whole lot of time into researching theorycrafting or proper gearing for a max level SW Tank, but I came across this thread at SithWarrior.com (which also has theorycrafting threads for other classes) with a ton of great info. If you're not interested in all the numbers and just want to know how to gear, here's the short version of the stat priorities from the site:

Primary Stats

Endurance > Strength

Defensive Stats

Defense Rating until ~30% > Shield Rating and Absorption Rating at a 2:1 ratio

Secondary Stats

Accuracy until 10% (7% if talented) > Power > Crit > Surge

There's a lot more in the thread regarding rotations, consumables, talents, and even current BiS gear, so it's totally worth a read if you're considering SW Endgame Tanking. There's probably a lot more to be learned, so I'm sure the info is subject to change, but it seems to be updated frequently.

[/i][/url]
ProjectAlice
Osirous
Prefect

One thing to keep in mind for gear is there are 3 primary tiers so to speak for stats:

Primary Stats:
Cunning
Willpower
Strength
Aim

Secondary Stats: (gear name)
Power (Overkill)
Critical (Critical)
Defense (Redoubt)

Third Tier: (gear combo name for Power, Critical, Defense)
Surge (Expert, Endowment, Anti-Armor)
Accuracy (Hawkeye, Fervor, Exactitude)
Presence (Commander, Leadership, General)
Alacrity (Vehemence, Supremacy, (unk for defense))
Shield (Rampart, Tempest, Veracity

So when you are itemizing your stats you will have those general categories to choose from. So although crit is more important than surge, you often will be choosing between crit and power so you will always choose power. But if you always choose power then surge because worthless because you don't have enough crit.

I don't know the numbers to balance it, I'm just pointing out it gets more complicated than just saying this->this->this.

Which makes it fun, to me. More complicated theorycrafting!! Happy

Prefect

Yup, it is a little more complicated. As far as surge/crit goes, Juggs get crit from Strength, so we should be good there. It's the same with Shield Rating and Absorption rating. You can have all the Absorption you want, but if your shield never procs, it's not gonna do a lick of good, which is why, with the diminishing returns factored in, Juggs want Shield Rating/Absorption Rating in a 2:1 ratio. Like I said, I'm sure there's more to be learned, so we'll have to see where the numbers take us Happy
ProjectAlice
Osirous
Prefect

So then crit as a stat kind of becomes out of the picture completely for you, since any piece of gear with crit should have an alternative piece with power instead, right?

Prefect

Osirous wrote:
So then crit as a stat kind of becomes out of the picture completely for you, since any piece of gear with crit should have an alternative piece with power instead, right?

Pretty much. That's not to say that we don't get a benefit from crit, because we do, but ideally you'll take power over crit. However, crit isn't completely worthless, so if you don't have access to a certain piece of gear, it still might be a factor in your decision making.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Juggernaut All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: