Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Voss may be the first PvP Zone

So, it hit me today. Understanding that Voss is neutral....and successfully isolated from the influences of the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, this planet is the ideal location for battlefields or PvP zones. This would be the perfect place to explain a location (within the story) that both Republic and Empire factioned players would congregate.

Nobody (that I am aware of) has stated this, yet. So, let's see if this unfolds in this direction. What are your thoughts?

Forum Image

Voss sounds like a pretty kick ass planet. I swear I remember reading about it somewhere though. I think it might have been part of the non-canon books that take place way after Darth Vader.

You may be right, either way...I can't wait.

How have you been? Still working and going to school?

Yup, up the same old stuff really. Working pretty much full time at Panera and going to school for computer science. Stuck at the crossroad of deciding if I want to go down the networking path or programming.

I also looked back over the books I thought had mentioned Voss and I must have mistaken it for a different planet that played a roll during the Vong invasion. Anyway, I think you are probably right about it being one of the PvP planets. Especially since both the sith and the republic are so interested in the planet, and since there was a massive conflict there.

This is for anyone who hasn't read the brief description of the planet.

"Following the Great Galactic War, Voss was invaded by the Sith Empire. The Galactic Republic implemented plans to defend the world against the Sith. In the aftermath of the battle, the Sith were defeated, a fleet had vanished, and both factions dispatched emissaries to win the favor of the Voss. The native Voss were able to out-maneuver both the Republic and the Empire due to the visions of their native Force-using tradition, the Voss Mystics."

This sounds like it could make a very interesting faction PvPvE zone, hopefully much better than the way Aion did PvPvE.

Shagar,

I am glad to hear all is well. Do you want to do a podcast with us this Friday? If so, let me know by sending an email to:

hammer@swumbra.com

and I will coordinate the rest.

Yo, I saw just the newsletter and came to check out the forums, and further, just now saw this post. I most likely will not be able to join you guys due to work till 11pm MST. I will for sure try to catch you for the next one though.

Jump to: