Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Delayed update for Friday

Guild,
This past Friday update was delayed by a few hours, as anxious fans waited amidst the rumors of Beta testing.

Rumors began leaking in a number of ways from forum posts to tweets, all detailing speculations of a Beta invitation and begin date of this weekend. BioWare community leader, Sean Dahlberg, quickly provided a statement on the official forums detailing the requirements of Beta participation and violating offences.

[Soap box on] In short, fans still feel that beta has begun. In my opinion, you are foolish to not know or think there is and has been for years game testing at some level. I have no proof, but would hope that larger and larger groups of trusted employees, colleagues, fans, and people that signed up for beta will slowly be added to this testing group. That just makes sense to me.

Either way, I am not going to get spun up over this and would advise anyone listening to me to do the same. Simply sit back and wait for that fateful day when you get an email with an invitation. We have waited for 5 years, so let them do their job and get this thing right (the first time). With WOW aging, there are few opportunities to come up with another fabled WOW-killer.
[/Soap box off]

What we did get was another cool and informative issue of the Blood of the Empire comic: http://www.swtor.com/media/webcomics/blood-of-the-empire/act2?comicpage=8

Forum Image

I did make a new podcast yesterday, which you can get from iTunes or listen directly from the site here: http://umbra.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=57172&gid=111348

Forum Image

Jump to: