Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: 4 Days until PAX - Got questions for the Devs?

Folks,

OK, I'm waiting on the exact time for the inteview with BioWare, and am working on questions now. If anyone has a specific question you want me to ask, then please post it in this thread. I will do my best to include the question as long as it is something they don't deem as out of bounds.

Again, if anyone else is going then please let me know.

Forum Image

I will work on some questions tonight at work and then edit them in here. Happy

Edit: Man I just don't know what to post because everything I want to know either has to do with crafting, resource gathering, or the in game economy and I feel like they will not share any info on any of these areas yet.

1. Can you tell us anything about how crafting will work?

2. will we be able to sell our crafted items to other players via npc player vendors like in SWG or will there be a auction house system?

3. will the crafting system be more like a enhancement system that just adds to items found as loot or will we be able to take it from square one with crafting from raw resource components?

4. will we be able to gather crafting component resources from the world or are they just purchasable from NPC vendors?

5. If there is resource gathering will we be able to utilize harvesters like in SWG?

6. When crafting a item, like lets say a blaster pistol, will there be a chance to critical during the crafting process giving the crafter a critted version with better stats or abilities?

7. Are there plans to implement a legendary weapon system that allows weapons to be enhanced, gain exp and grow with the character?

8. If there is resource gathering do you plan to allow all characters access to gather every type of resource or will each character be limited with only a certain type of gathering branch availiable to them based on which type they chose?

9. will we have the ability to de-construct items back down to raw resources?

10. will we have a weapon durability rating that goes down with use and then can be repaired by crafters? Or will it be a simple "repair" option at NPC vendors?

11. will most loot drops be bind on equip or aquire or will you allow players more freedom to trade or sell items by loosing these restrictions?

Last edited by Vrock_Swtor on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
CRRKathy

Hi there, Lordhammer. I hope you have a great time at PAX. Here are my questions:

1. Do you and the other developers listen to any TOR podcasts regularly?
2. (if yes) What do you like about each of those podcasts? What makes each one special?
3. Earlier, the developers emphasized that TOR would be a game where a player makes choices and those choices have consequences. The example discussed was the Kill the Captain flashpoint. James Ohlen recently told SWTOR-Station that flashpoints are repeatable and that only your last decision will count for story. He even used the word "erased." Are the developers walking back their initial claims that choices matter?
4. What would you like to say to the people who hate the idea of needing companion characters? Why do you think there is such animosity to the concept?

Thanks for giving us the chance to trick Sean Dahlberg into revea- , errrr, pick Sean Dahlberg's brain!

http://www.corellianrun.com
Darth Ranik

Not sure if they have covered this at all but,

1. Will they be adding any of the mini games from KOTOR 1 an 2 like pazzak and the swoop racing or any new types of those fun little games, loved those spent heaps of time just playing them.

2. How will the light side, dark side points that you acquire throughout the game affect your appearance and your companions, similar to KOTOR.

3. What is the level cap planned to be.

4. What type of resource will the different character classes use to perform there attacks, i assume that the force users will just use some force points system but what about the other classes.

Last edited by Darth Ranik on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Vrock_Swtor

come on peeps get in your questions! You never know what they will answer, we could get lucky and get something really good out of them. Happy

treetiger

re: wondering

was wondering if crafted good would be just as good as raid stuff ?

wondering if we will be able to craft vehicles ?

wondering what max lvl will be ?

wondering how many companios will be avaible for each class ?

And course what is the exsact date when the game will ship ?
Vrock_Swtor

can't wait to hear this interview and all the great stuff going on over there! I am currently watching the twitter feeds and darth hater for news bits. Wish I could be there it sounds like everyone is having a blast!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: