Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: What will you do on your ship?

OK, so we know that we will all have ships - eventually. We also know that they serve as our homes and semi social hang spots. Do you care?

Will any of you take the time to decorate your ships on the inside to make them pretty or cool. Or, will you just maintain cash flow and keep the ship for the purpose of getting from place to place?

In SWG, I was a clean and non decorating person until I had enough stuff and money with little to do. Before I knew it, i had spent a million credits on decorations and accessories for my homes.

On another note, how will the devs (in your opinions) render a docking bay with enough space for all of our ships? I feel that ship entrance points will be instance based. Again, what do you guys think will work best?

Forum Image

I would start decoration my ship once I am burned out on grinding or maybe after I reach level cap.

I'm thinking the spaceport thing would be like you said. Probably similar to the spaceports in SWG, a station or door that would have the option of inviting your party on board. I think that's the only way it would be efficient and simple. It would be awesome to hold guild meetings in ships and possibly in space. I hope it would have that option. :
Vrock_Swtor

I would love to see the system be free form in the universe with travel to planet to planet be manual, however I am assuming it will be instanced based travel. I would actually like to be able to pilot the ship around, not getting my hopes up there though. It would be really sweet to see my ship landing and taking off from the surface of the planets as well. I am betting that will never be allowed though.

I figure that the entrance to the ships will be instanced or phased via a docking bay of some sort, where when you enter you are directed to your ship and I am directed to mine, unless we are trying to group up on another vessel etc.

There is really no other way they could do it with the massive amount of starships there will be in game. If they tried to physically overland render each one of them that would grind the servers to a halt. The landscape would be covered with ships and you wouldn't be able to move for the sheer volume of them.

I will be decorating my ship as soon as I am financially able and have the crafting skills necessary maybe? I hope I will be able to make my own deco, that would be very cool. I guess getting trophy drops and such would be cool but I would much rather have creative control on the items made by my hand.

I hope I am able to craft on board, that would be cool. I am not opposed to crafting in a city, but there are times that being able to do it in your own personal space right next to your storage containers would be nice. Especially if there is a big crafting-component system in place for crafting. Sometimes it is just as handy to be able to travel to town to craft that way you can be near the vendors and possible resource locations, and things like the AH as well though.

I hope to have a personal vessel with ample amounts of storage to be able to hold all my loots and crafting resources.

I also would love to see some sort of guild vessels too, sort of like a guild hall but I don't think we will have that until some time after release. I do feel they will eventually have them though.

Lord Nemesis

I would decorating my ship later in the game, it's not something IU will do when I get my first million, But if I can upgrade weapons and Sheilding on my ship I will do that ass soon possible

Jump to: