Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PVP or PVE server?
PVP server
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
PVE server
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Don't really care
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

-Malevol-
Chancellor

re: PVE or PVP server?

Ok, even though we arent sure about server types, which server would you prefer to play on?

Malthuzion
Senator

Well, according to today's q&a section on the official site there will be both PVE and PVP servers. Thoughts?

The Dec. 7 episode of XPLAY on G4tv did an interview with ol Danny boy and PvP was the first topic. He said there would be PvP in "warzones" which I'm assuming will be instanced maps within each server. He only mentions 8v8 team based combat though. I don't know if that is the only structure they'll have or not he didn't go into much detail other than 8v8 team warzones...

If we do have to choose between a PvP server and a PvE server, I'll be makin a toon on both. I love love LOVE PvP but I also LOVE PvE and the whole reason for playing a Star Wars game over liek CoD or GoW is the star wars lore and story... I can play pretty much any multiplayer and get pretty much the same PvP feel but only TOR will have that in-depth Star Wars storyline... so for me both are equally important

from the Q&A thread from the official forums today, Dallas Dickinson, Director of Production for BioWare Austin said:

Quote:
Will there be different server types, as in PvE servers and PvP servers? (asked by Fruskov)
There will be several different types of server, including PvP servers and PvE servers.

If guild Umbra doesnt pick a PVP server I will be sad because as a crafter if I dont have the ability to sell to a PVP market then I am cutting myself out of a huge stake in a vibrant economy.

My main will be on a PVP server.

Hammer Six
Emperor

Guild,
If BioWare's idea of a PVP server is open world PVP, then we will not be on a PVP server. If the PVP is organized and setup in zones or areas, then I would consider it. As it is now, PVP is within War Zones which have a queue to get them activated. Given this construct I would love PVP. I just am not about to spend 5 hours trying to do a quest cause I keep getting ganked.

UMBRA does plan to PVP, but we are not a PVP guild. We are a progression guild, so RAIDing/ Guild accomplishments are more of our focus. Again, if PVP is a requirement to progress then we will be PVP'ing like crazy to get our gear and skills up.

If you have a desire to be in a guild where PVP is the highest priority, then you may want to look elsewhere.

Respectfully,

Lordhammer wrote:

I just am not about to spend 5 hours trying to do a quest cause I keep getting ganked.

UMBRA does plan to PVP, but we are not a PVP guild. We are a progression guild, so RAIDing/ Guild accomplishments are more of our focus. Again, if PVP is a requirement to progress then we will be PVP'ing like crazy to get our gear and skills up.

If you have a desire to be in a guild where PVP is the highest priority, then you may want to look elsewhere.

Respectfully,

I'm with ya boss! PvP is awesome when I choose to play PvP. But if I'm trying to complete PvE missions or do a RAID with my guild it gets really annoying when I'm constantly interrupted by the opposing faction. I think both aspects are equally important but should remain separated. That way players who like both can have both but players who only want one or the other can focus on their respective style without having to involve themselves in the other.

Lord Hammer wrote:
Guild,
If BioWare's idea of a PVP server is open world PVP, then we will not be on a PVP server. If the PVP is organized and setup in zones or areas, then I would consider it. As it is now, PVP is within War Zones which have a queue to get them activated. Given this construct I would love PVP. I just am not about to spend 5 hours trying to do a quest cause I keep getting ganked.

Respectfully,

Agreed...

P1zzaTheHut
Senator

Who will break the Tie.. To me If we roll PvE I will get the most out of it for exploring and crafting and raiding..

PvP on other hand I would make it Strictly PvP.. Now I like the earlier Idea Rolling PvE To get crafting, Raiding, and Exploring to the full advantage.

Making a Death Squad and rolling on a PvP server to do group PvP and or solo PvP.

To me We have plenty of time to decide and we can always make more than one toon! =)

If I had to make a Choice from jump street I would choose PvE from first choice for the simple fact we can all get things accomplish for gear, items and weapons and then branch off to pvp once we break ground of the game itself.
SpoKeNReVeng3
Prefect

I just hope they have a way to do it as far as zones maybe have PvP zones/areas hopefully cause questing next to a jedi, my sworn enemy, and possibly helping him kill a mob so I can kill the next one, would just be weird to me.

P1zzaTheHut
Senator

very good point. Yea if that is how it goes down I will have to switch! =P

Damn jedi taking my loot!
Robowski
Prefect

I have had a main on a PvP server in almost every MMO I have ever played, and it's hard to replicate that sense of open world excitement. On the flip side, it's just as hard to equal that level of frustration at times. In my experience, it has been better to choose a PvP server later in the life of an MMO. The action might die down a bit, but making sure you don't end up on the wrong side of a faction or class balancing issue can make for a better experience.

In my opinion I would prefer to start on a PvE server if for no reason other than the fact that I tend to skip through quests as it is, and PvP servers only exacerbate that. The "battlegrounds" will probably be the major draw anyways, so that tends to kill open world PvP, leaving the gankers and griefers to have at it.

Virtek
Senator

Agreed, Robowski. Start PvE to enjoy learning the game and experiencing all this wonderful story we're hearing so much about. Then dabble in a PvP realm, should we get bored or simply wanna try it out.

Personally, I fully intend on trying a PvP realm, but not for a while. I want to learn the ins and outs of TOR first. Experience everything untainted by griefers. Then I'll go erase them, too. envy

Shameless self-promotion!! - www.Facebook.com/DJVirtek - www.Mixcloud.com/Virtek - www.Soundcloud.com/Virtek - Twitter = @DJVirtek
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: