Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Guild Hall location until we get a capitol ship

Dromund Kaas is the capitol world of the Sith Empire, and the planet we intend to place our guild hall if given the opportunity. Ideally (one day), we will be able to elevate to a capitol ship. Also, Dromund Kaas makes the most sense as it is closest to the "emperor", and it should offer our guild crafters the best place to participate and operate within the game economy.

Forum Image

We plan on enjoying all aspects of the game, with the intent to be known as the guild that has most fun; however, it has become clear over the past 6 months that we are essentially a crafters' guild. We are stacked heavily with people that love to craft and participate in the game economy. Since this is the case, I think it makes the most sense to work as a guild to gain superior crafting capabilities. This will involve a concerted effort to gather the proper quantities and qualities of resources. Additionally, we need to work at building wealth. I suggest this become our immediate priority over "grinding" to a max level method. It makes a lot more sense to level in style with pimp gear than racing to be out of content in a clown suit.

Forum Image

Additionally, I welcome you all to head over to http://TORsyndicate.com to get individual memberships. As you can see, we have now gained affiliation with many other community sites from fan sites, podcasts, and artists. We are on the forefront of the SWTOR community, as one of the premiere guilds. This is a great place to listen to the podcast, collaborate, and potentially learn about how other sites do things. Your support helps grow, sustain and maintain the community.

Sounds good to me!

I object!

The agency side of the house would like the HQ located on Nar Shaddaa! We need easy access to entertainment. Happy
Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

While I like Nar Shaddaa, it's probably not a good idea to live where your entertainment is at. Keg-stands and beer bongs on Nar Shaddaa, guild hall on Dromund Kaas, Umbra influnece across the universe. That's how we should roll. twisted
Vrock_Swtor

MrFester wrote:
I object!

The agency side of the house would like the HQ located on Nar Shaddaa! We need easy access to entertainment. Happy

I am really looking forward to the day that they release the specifics on where will the auction houses be located and if they will be faction specific etc. I imagine that there will be one on Nar shadda as that "underworld" aspect of that place is just too good to pass up, and I do think that there will be one on Drummond Kaas as well, but that is a guess on my part at this point.

I do hope that we will have some ability to set up some style of guild hall!

Honestly I hadn't even thought much about it because I had it in my head that the players personal ships would be bioware's answer to personal housing. They had said in an interview in the past that they loved the idea of guild capital ships and hoped to one day be able to get it in.

Like LH I am hoping and praying that one day we will see this feature.

As to whats the best place from a crafters perspective to "set up shop" we will have to wait on more information before that can really be known for sure but DK sounds like a good bet. Secretly in my minds eye I suspect that Nar Shaddaa might even be a better place but we will have to see.

Crafters need certain things to have the most efficient set up possible, namely among them are things like:

~access to a major auction house nearby

~plenty of npc vendors in the area to do vendor trash with and buy crafting consumables

~they need to be set up on a very populated and heavily trafficked world or zone for the most exposure

~they need an excellent chat system with hopefully trade channels accessible

~they need ample resources nearby or the ability to have a in game mail system that will facilitate the shipment of raw materials and mats

~access to mail boxes present and nearby

and on and on, there are so many little things that can greatly enhance or hinder a serious crafters potential. Hopefully DK will be able to provide these and many other necessities.

Also on the TorSyndicate website, if you haven't seen it yet do go there and sign up because LordHammer and Matukai have done a bang up job on getting this going. There are lots of names that you will recognize from the community already signed up and participating. There are some really neato finds and if you don't see it I am afraid you will be missing out!

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Buttniks
Chancellor

It would be awesome to be in Dromund Kaas. One of the reasons I enjoyed SWG is because I got to see all the places in the movies and books. Everytime I read a EU book I try to visualize the locations but with little success. One of the places I'm excited to explore is Alderaan. I would love to see the capitol of the Sith Empire but I would also like to see Bastion, which was (correct me if I'm wrong) the capital planet to the Imperial Empire at some point.

But gotta agree 100% with Gunjir, where ever our guild hall must be, has to meet those criteria he listed off to be a successful wealthy guild. wink

Prefect

Sounds awsome. Can't wait. Never been much of a crafter but the crafting system in this game seems like fun.

Chev Keltal wrote:
Sounds awsome. Can't wait. Never been much of a crafter but the crafting system in this game seems like fun.

*waves his hands in the air in front of Chev Keltal all mystical like*

This is the crafting system you have been looking for........

*slight pause while he draws dark energy from the force*

must.... have... more.... power.......

Buttniks help me sway his mind!

Buttniks
Chancellor

Gunjnir wrote:
Buttniks help me sway his mind!

This is the crafting system you are looking for. Or else you get a taste of my force lighting.

Prefect

"Shoots both in knee cap" don't ever do that again or it will be in the head next time.

I just like the fact my npc minions will craft for me. It may end up meaning that I won't be wowing anyone with the quality of what comes off my ships crafting station but it'll be nice to just delegate out all my basic craft needs to my mooks. "You build stuff, you go harvest stuff, you go corupt something. I'm going afk to have a sandwich."
Vrock_Swtor

InquisitorAaron wrote:
you go corupt something. I'm going afk to have a sandwich."

yeah!

Chev Keltal
Prefect

InquisitorAaron wrote:
"You build stuff, you go harvest stuff, you go corupt something. I'm going afk to have a sandwich."

This is what entices me most about the crafting system. Im very lazy when it comes to crafting.

InquisitorAaron wrote:
This is what entices me most about the crafting system. Im very lazy when it comes to crafting.

something to keep in mind also for people that don't really fancy crafting very much would be the fact that you could fill another very important roll as well and that would be dedicating some of your queue time with your companions to resource gathering for the people that are crafting gear for the guild.

instead of having them do crafting tasks at night while you are sleeping you could have them running treasure hunting missions or scavenging/resource gathering and when you log in you would be presented with the resources the crafters might need.

this is going to be a very important role as well.

sorry LH I don't mean to turn everything into a crafting thread.... Happy

Hammer Six
Emperor

It's so good to see all of this discussion and organization in progress. This is the stuff that great guilds are built from.

Happy

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: