Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Quick PAX East 2011 Update

What's up folks! I hope you all are getting tons of things to see. This thing is crazy, and in between having to work and getting stuff for collected and going to events, I haven't had time or the proper resources to get anything out to you other than Twitter. I have sent many firsts and cool pics on Twitter, as that is the fastest way for me to get shots out.

To get nice pics, I need to get to a my laptop and as you can imagine the bandwidth makes it time prohibitive to wait....as I am sitting next to AskaJedi, TOROcast, Darth Hater, Corellian Run, Mos Eisley Radio, and many others along with the slew of other folks in the media room as we all fight for the crappy little wifi bandwidth.

Forum Image

This is one of the 4 iPads they hand out when you wait in the Taral V flashpoint line, which has a custom app to detail what the flashpoint is about and to detail briefly what classes are available and their roles. For example in the Taral V flashpoint, the Smuggler/ Scoundrel (which I played day 1) is the main (best) healer in this group. There is a Trooper/ Vangard, a Jedi/ Guardian, and a Jedi/Consular (which I played day 2).

Needless to say, I was first in line for Taral V on day one and did not complete it nor did I get to the Bosses. It was epic, and I will have more on the TOR Syndicate to show you as we get back home and I have access to proper editing tools and bandwidth.

Forum Image

These are the hats that you get if you win the flashpoint and down BOTH bosses. Day 2, Vall/ Matuakai and I downed the boss on our 3rd attempt within the time limit. We had 5 minutes to spare, and we are currently 1 of only 8 groups to complete the flashpoint so far here at PAX. Matukai was the Tank as the Trooper/ Vanguard and I was the Ranged DPS, CC, off Healer.

I will be working this week with Matukai to get videos and pics up as we get home and have access to much better equipment. Right now, I am working on a 7 year old laptop running Linux. The machine works fine, but I just don't have all of the same tools with me to get things to the proper level of quality that I think you all deserve.

Please remain active on the site and forums or follow all of the other fan sites for a ton of great info. Take care, and hit me on Twitter if you want up to date info. I will Tweet back as I get time or notice a message.

Thanks,

Thanks for all you have been doing!
I have been soaking up as much as possible on Twitter.
Buttniks
Chancellor

Thanks for updating us that could not make it. I enjoyed the pictures and super jealous of the hats you got.

Can't wait for the post pax videos and pictures people didn't have time to do durring pax.

Chancellor

It sounds like you all are having a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
P1zzaTheHut
Senator

Hope yall having a hell of a time!! Keep up the posts and you know you gotta tell us what went on!

Wish I coulda been on the pax east this year! I'll be like the redskins there always next time! ahha
Tyfor
Prefect

Can you see if Bioware will change Sith to Sif? It's much more gangsta that way. I know thug life is pretty important for a bunch of 30 something white guys.
sneakyNmean
Prefect

Good stuff those of you that were there. I'm jealous for sure!

Vrock_Swtor

awesome, thanks for the effort for us. cant wait to see what you have in store

Hammer Six
Emperor

I'm still in Boston, now doing a business trip. I will be flying home tomorrow, so I am uploading the movie files so Vall/ Matukai can sync them with the audio and make them into proper movies for release and publish.

Lord hammer thanks for all the first hand info you guys have been giving us. I can't wait to see more

Jump to: