Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: Controlled Chaos

I'm looking forward to the controlled chaos of PVP zones or instanced based War Zones. If this is how they enact PVP servers then I may reconsider; however, currently PVE servers seem to be the only place that there is order. Watching your back while questing is not the experience I desire. Yet, the PVP in the right place is something I am very much looking forward to.
Forum Image

Forum Image

As soon as I find out more on this I plan to get the data posted. The one shining hope is that Mythic's Gabe Amatangelo is the lead designer for PVP. Mythic is the development company that made Dark Age of Camelot, which has arguably one of the best PVP or RVR facets.

whats rvr mean?
Hammer Six
Emperor

RVR:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realm_versus_Realm

Forum Image

I really hope they do pvp right. Its going to be my secondary focus right after crafting.

I agree and am excited for this myself. DAOC does have one of the best pvp rvr systems I have ever tried I will have to admit. I think Gabe was an outstanding addition to their team and I am glad as well that they chose him.

MrFester

RvR has it's pros and cons. Take the way blizzard implemented the Battlegrounds rvr, you get these huge mash ups of rvr for fast ques, but you also get total freaking chaos mess because no one listens to each other because they are from another realm.

RvR eh, can be alot of chaos. PvP will be my main focus. Hopefully they do it right.

Kreslyn
Chancellor

We all know massive battles would be fantastic however in previous games this was an issue except perhaps DAoC? Warhammer, WoW, EQ, etc ya throw 50 or more people per side and suddenly the fun disappear in a lag vortex. How many did DAoC have per side on battles?
Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

I am really hopeful that the PvP system will be great. I'll likely spend a lot of my time in PvP zones or instances so it'll make a big difference to me if these systems are done well.
Mokral-Hyjal

I wouldn't mind a PVP server as long as PVP isnt being CC'd for the entire fight and fights dont las an entire 3 seconds.
sneakyNmean
Prefect

Woooohooooo to PvP servers! I can't wait t hear how PvP is gonna be in this game. For the Empire!!!

Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

I think I'd prefer no pve or pvp servers, just one type of server with a covert/overt system for pvp flagging. The trick would be give incentive to be flagged. Something along the lines of additional PvP flagged only faction missions, maybe reputation loot that only drops while pvp flagged, etc. Sort of a best of both worlds thing, the individual player choosing when they want the extra incentives vs. when they just want a relaxed PvE session.
sneakyNmean
Prefect

I vote all out war with Umbra being the victors! Mwhahaha!!!

P1zzaTheHut
Senator

InquisitorAaron wrote:
I think I'd prefer no pve or pvp servers, just one type of server with a covert/overt system for pvp flagging. The trick would be give incentive to be flagged. Something along the lines of additional PvP flagged only faction missions, maybe reputation loot that only drops while pvp flagged, etc. Sort of a best of both worlds thing, the individual player choosing when they want the extra incentives vs. when they just want a relaxed PvE session.

Not a bad idea. I remember back in Ultima online you had order vs chaos. and Inside town you could fight mongst eachother(be flagged orange or guild fights). This way you can have best of both worlds. I also think mmo's should make it to were you lose something in a pvp match.. maybe not in instanced pvp but in open world pvp, if you go out with certains things you could lose it in battle!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: