Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: E3 2011 Day 1

Hey guys,

E3 Day 1 is done, and so am I.... Damn, my feet hurt . Anyhoo, things have been pretty cool to say the least. There are a lot of games (duh) here, but it is a totally different vibe than PAX. It is VERY apparent that this IS a business function, as there are a ton of suits here. If you go to the E3 website, you will notice a section for VIP/ buyers: http://www.e3expo.com/ While I was eating lunch, I was listening to companies pitch their distribution systems and supply chain management systems, etc. Business is the bottom line to this stuff as there is a lot of money behind all of this. That being said, there is still a lot of fun as I was able to meet this great business man:

Forum Image

and these great guys: David Bass (BioWare), SWTORcrafter/ Gunjnir, Mako (Darth Hater), Lethality (Ask a Jedi), Dover (Darth Hater)

Forum Image

I got an interview with James Ohlen today. He is the Creative Lead Director for BioWare, thus he determines the creative vision for the entire company's games. What a tough life, "Hmmmmm, do I want to work on Mass Effect 3 or Star Wars: The Old Republic today...."

I will get the video out as soon as I can, once it meets the levels of quality we require. Other than that, I hope you all can get together in a Vent meet and greet this weekend. I will detail some of the things I noticed while playing the game today. I played a level 26 Sith Warrior spec'ed to Juggernaut. We got to play on the planet of Tatooine, which is one of the more advanced planets. We have the vehicle mounts from the recent pictures as well as our companions. I had Vett.

Good stuff man can't wait to here more about your experiences there today, and thanks!

Rule #2 We strictly adhere to Wheaton's Law: "Don't be a Dick."

Battlenet Battle Tag Ripteye#1342

Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
Buttniks
Chancellor

Can't wait to see that video. Have fun and thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: