Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
-Malevol-
Chancellor

re: It Begins!!! Pre-Order!!!

pizza, i have an extra code i got from amazon. i cancelled the order and went to the store so i was sure to get a copy. If you need it let me know its yours. It was for the CE. If you went to the store too early the code wont be on the receipt. The codes are on the stubs now though. twisted

Midnight Lost
Senator

I got my Collectors Edition pre-ordered

Had to do it on Amazon, seeing as Origin wasnt available in my region. But a tweet confirmed that even those outside the US that pre-ordered on Amazon can still get in the 7 day early access.

Good Deal Thanx!! Preciate the help! yea.. I was all hype and then got home and was like some of a !!@##
Virtek
Senator

Yeah, I'd imagine that'd pop a gasket loose, Pizza. >.<

As for release, check out Dr. Ray's quote, which would put it in the November/December range as well:

Quote:
"We are targeting Star Wars: The Old Republic to be one of the biggest launches of holiday 2011," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Group General Manager and Co-Founder, BioWare and Senior Vice President, Electronic Arts

Originally, I would have called that October-December.....but when paired with the "early entry" code releases....makes it look like prolly mid-November at earliest. I think they'd be absolutely goofy (or in a real pinch to fix very bad bugs) if they go more than a week into December....So there's about a 3 week window for release date, in my mind.

Now the question:
Do I take time off work for the early access period....or the actual release....? I'm thinkin after the actual release date, so I can spend more free-and-clear time with more members of Umbra. I'm sure not everyone wanted to spend the extra loot on the editions with early-release time. I tried to resist pushing the button.....but I just couldn't!!

Shameless self-promotion!! - www.Facebook.com/DJVirtek - www.Mixcloud.com/Virtek - www.Soundcloud.com/Virtek - Twitter = @DJVirtek
Ripteye
Prefect

I went with the Digital deluxe edition from Origin, 150 bucks for a game is just to damn much IDK what they include, 80 bucks for half the stuff in the CE is good enough for me.

Rule #2 We strictly adhere to Wheaton's Law: "Don't be a Dick."

Battlenet Battle Tag Ripteye#1342

Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
sneakyNmean
Prefect

Yeah right when I got the pre-order I didn't have the early access code on the receipt so I had to go back to GameStop and have them print me off one.

Bobthetall
Prefect

just put in my code for CE. the one thing that sold me on the CE was "Yes. All characters created during Early Game Access will continue to be available in the live Game. You will need to redeem a Game Code if you wish to continue playing the Game without interruption." and 6 day head start is so much more fun then 3

Ripteye
Prefect

Bobthetall wrote:
and 6 day head start is so much more fun then 3

So what you are saying is CE's get more time than say DDE? Where you read that?

Ripteye
Prefect

Anyone notice this yet

Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)

Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $74.99

In my email for the digital version. Seems November is the month.

Virtek
Senator

Lord Xenu here had found a post mingled in the "Release Date Speculation" thread on the official SWTOR forums that mentioned a statement of actual days allowed per pre-sale edition.

It had said that Colector's Edition would have 6 days of early access, and the other editions would be 3 days. I didn't dig through the pile of pages to find the info myself, so I can't verify it for sure. Hell...the number of days of access may even change to larger or smaller numbers by the time it comes around.

I guess we'll see.
=)

Shameless self-promotion!! - www.Facebook.com/DJVirtek - www.Mixcloud.com/Virtek - www.Soundcloud.com/Virtek - Twitter = @DJVirtek
Usenye
Prefect

I am in and registered with the CE....i had to have the map and statue

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them
LordXenu
Prefect

For those wondering about the early access, here's what Stephen Reid says on his Twitter:

Questions to Stephen:
@Rockjaw Rumors are that CE get 6 days early access & Digital Deluxe/Standard get 3 days. Confirm/deny?

Stephen's answer:
@zboardfatal Deny. Based on when you redeem

Also from him:

@bobbyg640 The earlier you redeem the earlier you get in. That's it
Virtek
Senator

Even better news for those of us that registered within hours of release! Hell, great news for those that register within the first week, to be honest.

Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

LordXenu wrote:
For those wondering about the early access, here's what Stephen Reid says on his Twitter:

Questions to Stephen:
@Rockjaw Rumors are that CE get 6 days early access & Digital Deluxe/Standard get 3 days. Confirm/deny?

Stephen's answer:
@zboardfatal Deny. Based on when you redeem

Also from him:

@bobbyg640 The earlier you redeem the earlier you get in. That's it

That's the important sort of information that should have been on the preorder page. I ordered at 12:01 Thursday but didn't enter my code until today because I figured securing the order and code was what got me the head-start. I'd planned to take the entire head start off of work but now I may end up taking days off that I can't even play the game becuase I won't know if they'll let me in day 1 or day 3, or 10 minutes before day 7. I am not happy with their new gated head-start system or PR people at all right now. Sorry for the venting, but damn it!
Virtek
Senator

You never know, it might be a lot more than just 7 days early access. It could very well be 2 weeks or more, so they can slowly inject people every couple of days.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: