View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
schmunkel98
Prefect

re: Any other Powertech tanks in the guild?

I am looking at tanking with my BH via the Powertech tree. Anyone else out there going the same route? I'm wondering how we will compare with the other tanks in the game and how tanking in SWTOR compares with other games like WoW.
Virtek
Senator

I plan on going Powertech at some point at least. I may or may not make that guy as a first toon....depends on how many other Powertechs we have

Shameless self-promotion!! - www.Facebook.com/DJVirtek - www.Mixcloud.com/Virtek - www.Soundcloud.com/Virtek - Twitter = @DJVirtek
Bobthetall
Prefect

I have gone back and forth on the idea of making a tank. Sticking with my norm for alts. One is glass canon other being a meat shield. Also there's something odd about the whole force thing. Microscopic life forms that live in side you give you great powers???? So going to be staying away from it. Powertech is the only none force tank.

Kablamo
Pazaak
Prefect

I'm leaning towards mercenary, but I'm sure I'll try it and may stick with tanking on my BH. I can't wait to build a hybrid BH leveling powertech, but with lots of dps talents from the shared tree. I like that it'll be a range tank. I'm excited to see how this works out getting aggro from range. I'm thinking both AC's will have the rope that pulls enemies in which I love.

HK-47: "Query: Can I kill him now, master? I would like ever so much to crush his neck, just a little. It is a long-time fantasy of mine."
Revan: "Maybe later."
HK-47: "You hear that, meatbag? I will be back!"
schmunkel98
Prefect

I believe Buttniks is going to be a Powertech BH as well, although he mentions going Mercenary too. Part of me wants a dual spec so I could switch to DPS or Heals and stick with the same character.
SpoKeNReVeng3
Prefect

While I'm a sith warrior, at heart and more than likely I'll roll juggernaut first I can't ignore the fact that the powertech is shaping to be a very interesting tank. The mere fact that I can set up my pulls from range and then move to another location and pull the mob to me makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside as a tank.

Usenye
Prefect

I will be going this route, Tank BH sounds pretty kickass to me. Front line Mandalorian is what always comes to mind with this one.

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them
Waziban

Usenye wrote:
I will be going this route, Tank BH sounds pretty kickass to me. Front line Mandalorian is what always comes to mind with this one.

I'll see how it plays. I'll be going PT though.
Waziban

Since there is already a high count of PT, I'll go merc.

I'm actually saying that because I saw in the raid video that Mercs can have Mando helmets. .
schmunkel98
Prefect

waziban wrote:
Since there is already a high count of PT, I'll go merc.

I'm actually thinking that the BH Tank will be one of the more rare classes with all the jedi running around.
Exoarchy
Prefect

Ill be running a Powertech BH as my main, probably going the whole way up the shield tree to run as a pure tank.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

-Helder Camara
Maximilian Shtraufenberg
Prefect

have hard time deciding between Ptech and Jagger now the main reason i prefer Jagger to BH is that BHs run around with tiny pistols? If there was a big fat gun like Commando or Vanguar has I'd go BH no question about it but pistol ....

schmunkel98
Prefect

Reineus wrote:
have hard time deciding between Ptech and Jagger now the main reason i prefer Jagger to BH is that BHs run around with tiny pistols? If there was a big fat gun like Commando or Vanguar has I'd go BH no question about it but pistol ....

I like the idea of a ranged tank with the BH, however, that latest raid video was a little lacking in tank excitement on the Powertech side. Perhaps he was dps focused and not a real tank? I'm hoping to get into the beta early enough to experiment with another class prior to launch.
Atlona

re: Re: Any other Powertech tanks in the guild?

schmunkel98 wrote:
I am looking at tanking with my BH via the Powertech tree. Anyone else out there going the same route? I'm wondering how we will compare with the other tanks in the game and how tanking in SWTOR compares with other games like WoW.

I haven't fully decided yet but from the looks of it I will be switching from Jugger to PowerTech. It would be nice to get some hands on exp to figure out which one I like best. (In your Face or Ranged)

I think the powertechs will dominate in the field of tanking. I tihnk the powertech tank will have way more control over the battlefield compared to a classic melee tank. Makes me wonder if you'll be able to distribute your own stats though, I'd love to play a Sorceror with tank stats :P.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: