View previous topic :: View next topic  
HunterMalthus

re: Without breaking NDA compare/constrat Assassin/Operative

I would like to play a stealthy/dps character but I'm not sure between Sith Assassin and Operative which has the playstyle I would prefer.

I would like to play something that has high burst with good surviviablity that is primarily melee focused.

If you can't really compare/constrast without breaking NDA just tell me when the NDA is up =).
Buttniks
Chancellor

I would think Sith assassin would suit you better. I think IA is mostly range with some melee defense abilities.

Prefect

I'm not in the beta, nor been a part of the beta weekend, so I'll just spill what i've gathered, since I've been focusing mostly on IA:

Operative looks like it will be a midrange/short range type character...They have a healing tree, so that's ranged, and they also have a droid tree, where they will use different types of little explosive droids/bots and stun bots to dps/control. The shared tree for IA is poisons, which I've heard is their best pvp tree, and has some talents for ranged and some for melee...depending if you're sniper or operative, I'm guessing you'd choose which is best for you.

They don't really have a 'melee only' type tree, but they have a few moves, so I feel like they may be like a bounty hunter powertech - using their ranged moves then swooping up to do a few melee moves.

I'd lean more towards assassin, since I know they do both lightsaber damage and shock damage.

Jump to: