View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

re: Juggernaut Strategy

With the NDA being lifted I will be starting Class Strategy threads for each class to discuss class builds, capabilities, roles, and functions. These will also include talent tree and spec discussions as well as suggestions for attack and heal rotations. It is my hope that each class can make these threads active group discussions as individuals develop new talent builds or uncover new information on thier class.

I am only on a short break from work at the moment but will be replacing these placeholds asap with class specific content.
Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

Juggernaut Builds:

An Immortal Tank Build:
7/34/0
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101rrGcubrouRZhMM.1

A Vengence Build:
31/5/5
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101cMZIGRR0uddhoZG.1

A Rage Build:
8/0/31
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101ZsMMZGbRrdbRdGo.1

A Hybrid Build:

Last edited by Ren_Ahern on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

If anyone else has any builds or comments they'd like to contribute please do so. I will be adding and updating information here as soon as I can.
Elazzar
Prefect

I will most likely be going the path of Immortal Tank. I like the above build posted with the exeption of putting 2 points into Dreadnaught. I would think that untill gear decides otherwise, that an increase in accuracy of both melee and force abilities will be much greater in building threat then a few points of strength. that being said, if a "hit cap" can be reached without the talent then use those points elsewere.

thoughts?

This was the build that was recommended to me on the forums.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::ef2ef17e5de3fce7f9ef3ef7

Now of course, the Juggernaut is going through a revamp, so will probably update this after we get back in.

re: I heard you like mudkips

Whats a build.. and can i make a reality show out of it? From what i saw in my limited beta appreciation, to level ~20, Im still lost. Aggro generation is paltry at best even in soresu, as threat is limited to the form rather than being innate to the attacks themselves. Would lead one to believe that strength would be preferable to endurance in these kind of situations( NO MORE HP STACKING?? IM LOOKING AT YOU TAUREN!!!) That being said, i found it rather difficult to hold threat on multiple elites in heroic quests with 2 and 2 ( 2 PC 2 companions) and found that alot of target switching and taunting was involved after the intial force smash etc. Maybe my rotation is garbage, or maybe im just so good the game cant compensate for me? I like that latter...discuss. Anywho, if, indeed, a revamp is queued, then I guess we can commit this diatribe to history rather than useful information. I still want to try to discuss, mathematically, the variety of stats that are presented in gear upgrades to SWJ especially, so you SI....shh.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

re: Re: I heard you like mudkips

Braggolach wrote:
Whats a build.. and can i make a reality show out of it? From what i saw in my limited beta appreciation, to level ~20, Im still lost. Aggro generation is paltry at best even in soresu, as threat is limited to the form rather than being innate to the attacks themselves. Would lead one to believe that strength would be preferable to endurance in these kind of situations( NO MORE HP STACKING?? IM LOOKING AT YOU TAUREN!!!) That being said, i found it rather difficult to hold threat on multiple elites in heroic quests with 2 and 2 ( 2 PC 2 companions) and found that alot of target switching and taunting was involved after the intial force smash etc. Maybe my rotation is garbage, or maybe im just so good the game cant compensate for me? I like that latter...discuss. Anywho, if, indeed, a revamp is queued, then I guess we can commit this diatribe to history rather than useful information. I still want to try to discuss, mathematically, the variety of stats that are presented in gear upgrades to SWJ especially, so you SI....shh.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I have had issues with aggro when playing with others on a team for group quests as well. Most of it is that anyone with a tanking companion is taunting the same targets you are trying to keep aggro on. The other part is that the non-tank character rarely lets the tank attack first or attacks the same target. I had this experience as a bounty hunter, but the same principal applies.
Ripteye
Prefect

Between the little bit I got to mess around with a Jugg DPSing in the few builds of beta I was in and alot of thinking I am going with this build.

http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#101zMZfGMR0uddhRZG00M.1

Rule #2 We strictly adhere to Wheaton's Law: "Don't be a Dick."

Battlenet Battle Tag Ripteye#1342

Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

Darth_Victus wrote:
This was the build that was recommended to me on the forums.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::ef2ef17e5de3fce7f9ef3ef7

Now of course, the Juggernaut is going through a revamp, so will probably update this after we get back in.

I like that build. Ravager over Battle cry might be a good call, but I don't know about the 6% crit taken over 6% strength. It might be fun to test out though.
Atlona

re: Juggernaut - Tank Spec

Here is my Tank Spec, I revamped this because of the CC I found in the last beta build in combat vs a boss or strong adds. It also gives you force scream with a 0 Rage cost for a double attack after you are CCed.

http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#101frG0ubrouRZhMr.1

Looks like the link I provided doesnt work

<script>var torhead_skillcalc = { "hash": "101zMZfGMR0uddhRZG00M.1" }</script><script src="http://tor.zamimg.com/skillcalc-embed.js"></script>

Rule #2 We strictly adhere to Wheaton's Law: "Don't be a Dick."

Battlenet Battle Tag Ripteye#1342

Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
Dagor Braggolach
Braggolach
Prefect

re: Re: Juggernaut - Tank Spec

Atlona wrote:
Here is my Tank Spec, I revamped this because of the CC I found in the last beta build in combat vs a boss or strong adds. It also gives you force scream with a 0 Rage cost for a double attack after you are CCed.

http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#101frG0ubrouRZhMr.1

Im wondering if, as the levels progress, the CC becomes less of an issue, and whether defense or absorption/glance has any effect on the hit% of said abilities. If so, then the addition of the rage builder on stun would be moot, and the points might be better spent elsewhere, say Heavy Handed for the additional threat generation, especially on AOE packs.

I was wondering the same thing about the CC on the mobs. I have been torn between the Juggernaut going Tank or DPS. Is rage a problem to build up?

This whole being on the road for work is such a drag, would reather be in game and destroying the jedi scum but that will have to wait till I get home on the 20th or 21st.
Dagor Braggolach
Braggolach
Prefect

[quote="Rinjubei"]I was wondering the same thing about the CC on the mobs. I have been torn between the Juggernaut going Tank or DPS. Is rage a problem to build up?quote]

im finding that i have too much rage and no where to dump it. especially when fighting cqc. cant do my little slam. so i gotta wait for cooldowns for rage dumps, not very efficient. this is just speaking from a soresu perspective so idk about shien or shi'cho or w/e that balanced stance is called. but need more rage eliminators in soresu. maybe i get a few more as the levels progress.

Anyone have any additional thoughts or comments to add, can probably speak better to juggernaut dps than me.

[quote="Rinjubei"]I was wondering the same thing about the CC on the mobs. I have been torn between the Juggernaut going Tank or DPS. Is rage a problem to build up?[quote]

im finding that i have too much rage and no where to dump it. especially when fighting cqc. cant do my little slam. so i gotta wait for cooldowns for rage dumps, not very efficient. this is just speaking from a soresu perspective so idk about shien or shi'cho or w/e that balanced stance is called. but need more rage eliminators in soresu. maybe i get a few more as the levels progress.

Anyone have any additional thoughts or comments to add, can probably speak better to juggernaut dps than me.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: