Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Hammer Six
Emperor

re: The PURGE is coming!

Forum Image

Happy New Year Guild,
We will begin the purge of our rosters over the next 3 days, with the official reduction in force beginning tomorrow. Initially, it will be inactive accounts on this guild webpage. Secondly, we will begin removing inactive members from in game, as well as those consistently delinquent on supporting the guild. You have nothing to worry about if you are active in the game, current on taxes, and log into the guild webpage regularly for information purposes.

Other than that, we have a ton of level 50's ready to go to operations. The bad news is it is like 98% DPS :P. So, we are going to focus on world bosses and developing strats (by watching and reading the data sources that are out there). A number of guilds have taken down Eternity Vault and the other one that escapes me at the moment. If you want to check out some of the successful take downs you can check the link I PM'ed you all last week. Current guilds that I know that have completed the Operation are Dispair and Condemned. From what I understand, we currently need more Ranged Tanks (BH PowetTech) and Healers. We are also looking for folks that are interested in becoming Operations Leaders. this will be a qualification, not a rank. If you have any questions, just ask your leadership and we will try to get the data to you.

Until we are ready to Raid properly, we have a tentative schedule posted on the calendar, which shall get us started doing world bosses and strat prep. For those capable of getting into PUGS, feel free. Again, we hope to have the proper compliment of classes to go in two weeks for Guild clearing.

Last edited by Hammer Six on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

My Powertech will be 50 by next week. As long as nothing goes wrong withregistering my game code and stuff.

Citizen

re: Ranged Tank

I wish i knew sooner I did make a BH as an alt but i made him into a merc. I have no prob rerolling another one if it would assist the guild as my alt. My brother is looking forward to potentially joining the guild as well and he play a BH Merc.

But, I am always down for helping out and supporting the guild in whatever it needs.

re: Healers Needed

I have Maligant who I wish to join the guild with, he is a SI Sorc. I have him currently dps spec in lightning and madness, but if I need to I can respec him to healer. It is honestly not my forte but I will make the sacrifice in play style for the guild if you require me to

I am in a blah point with bob thanks to not listening to everyone in beta. Since i played him to like 35ish then 48 in the betas. SO i have been messing with an alt assassin. But will be more then willing to roll a bountyhunter for heals or tanking. Just would like some help getting there fast.

kraxxis
Prefect

I started on my BH powertech yesterday, so plan is eventually to have my operative healer complimented by that powertech BH to go where needed
Nócturne
Nocturne.tEN
Citizen

So many people are now gonna go BH powertech I am a lv 50 BH Powertech Shield tech. I can tank, I'm just working on getting gear - haven't seen any healers on to do Hardmodes, most are either not 50 and therefore leveling or PVPing / dailies. I'm on 12 hours out of the day normally, so if anyone needs a BH tank let me know and we can get geared up.

Nocturne.tEN wrote:
So many people are now gonna go BH powertech I am a lv 50 BH Powertech Shield tech. I can tank, I'm just working on getting gear - haven't seen any healers on to do Hardmodes, most are either not 50 and therefore leveling or PVPing / dailies. I'm on 12 hours out of the day normally, so if anyone needs a BH tank let me know and we can get geared up.

I'm a sorcerer healer and I've been 50 for a couple weeks and I'm on quite a bit. I can just never really be on TS - which sucks ass. But I'm available most the time I'm on...just have to ask and be cool with no voice communication.
kraxxis
Prefect

To be honest this isnt the reason i started my bh tank, i had planned to make a tank anyways, as for healers i think there are 3 of us at 50 , but i know there is still alot going on that needs to be done for other stuff, i know i have been really concentrating on getting implant recipes unlocked, and gathering datacrons to improve my stats. I know i have time to run hard modes I just never know when that is with two kids and a pregnant wife, dont always have my full atention needed for healing available on short notice.

Last edited by kraxxis on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taaven
Prefect

My Operative is healer spec currently level 43. I should be 50 by next week.
Leleya
Prospect

Well when I finally get an invite my sorcerer is corruption and my BH is powertech so I can fill in wherever...providing someone finally invites me.

MBD...stop being a bum or I'm going to throw stuff at you.

I will be taking my toons out of the guild. First of all, I would like to make it clear that I have no problems with anyone in the guild. I truly do believe Umbra has a good chance of going far. The only reason I am leaving is becasue of the weekly taxes. I think it can be a great help, but there are inherent problems that I have encounterd before. I played EQ for 7 years, and was an officer in a top rated guild. We had the tax thing going and I worked fairly well for some people. But we found that 1, people knew they could get great gear and cash n the guild and many joined just for that reason then split. But the biggest problem was, at one point we had millions ofPlat in the bank. The Guild leader and another officer took it and transferred to another server. Being an officer, I and other other officers left there and were branded as fellow thieves. After a year of dealing with that, I left the server. I do not accuse anyone of doing something like that, and I am not, nor will I be, an officer. But I truly do think it is a bad idea no matter how good the intentions are.

I wish you all well. Have a great game... feel free to shoot me a hello if you are in the neighborhood. Good Hunting.
Hammer Six
Emperor

I find it interesting that it took almost 6 weeks of live game play and taxes to figure out that he didn't like what happened in an old guild he used to be in. Taxes is a thing we have made clear since day 1; so, the decision should have been clear in his mind a lot sooner.

Thus, I call BS and wish him well in his future endeavors.

The taxes in this guild are such a trivial amount of in game currency I struggle to see how anybody can find them troublesome. I think they should be tripled.
-Lumina
Prefect

LOL.

Yes I agree Tyfor but it never ceases to amaze me how lazy people are.

I pay my guild tax with my alts at level 18.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: