View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckuhlman
Prefect

re: Sith Sorcerer Healing Question

I know that willpower is the number 1 stat. Any other Sith Sorc healers know what my goal should be for the other stats? I found this online:

Sith Inquisitor- primary statistic is Willpower for secondary choose something like:
AC Sorcerer- power, critical, surge, alacrity

Not sure if I should concentrate on one more then the other.

Cobrakai
riastlin8830
Citizen

alacrity= casting spells faster, Crit= critcal chance on heals, Surge= how big your crits are. I would go Willpower#1 Alacrity#2 Then decide on what you want more crit or surge.

Thanks, how about power? I see that some Rakata gear either has power or crit. I would assume the crit is the better choice.

Cobrakai
riastlin8830
Citizen

Power does not do much for sorcerer's for a assassin or melee class it would benefit. I would definately go crit also if you can remember you can modify the gear you get with difrent mods to help benefit the stats you would benefit from most.

btw, I love talkin math, and please PLEASE correct any math I foul.... (to err is human... good thing I'm Sith)

Not sure I totally agree Riastlan. If you stack your alacrity as a healer, yes you heal faster, but, you will run into force issues, and requires constant force maintenance on longer fights. SI healers already fight force issues, IMO stacking alacrity would throw gas on the flame. But, I do feel it's more beneficial to healers than crit. Crit leads to overheals, and wasted force. Now if the crit mechanic was more reliable rather than based on chance, where you could hit the button a certain amount of times and know for a fact that every 3rd time you would crit (for example) then yes I would say crit was the better stat at this level of the game. If you can guarantee .12/point to healing with power, that's something you can take to the bank. I found this from Metaspy on sithwarrior.com, and it seems to be pretty accurate and concise.

Please, Please, Please discuss... it's these discussions that take us to the next level.

Quote:
Dominant: Willpower
Auxiliary: Strength, Endurance, Presence
Inferior: Aim, Cunning

The secondary stats of interest are Force Power, Alacrity, Force Crit and Surge.

Force Power increases the bonus damage of our Force abilities much like Willpower.
Willpower provides 0.2 to damage and 0.14 to healing per point. (possibly crit as well)
Force Power provides 0.15 to damage and 0.12 to healing per point.

Alacrity Rating is a stat that was introduced not so long ago. It functions like haste in other MMOs and decreases the activation time of our abilities. Alacrity rating decreases activation and channeling times. Force issues need to be taken into account as well as the question if it affects the GCD or not. If not, it might be of less use to us than otherwise. We will assume it does.
*shutupnrok insert* alactrity does affect GCD

Two further stats of interest are Force Critical Rating and Surge Rating. The first increases our critical chance (the chance to score a critical strike or 150% of the amount an ability hits for) and the latter increases those 150% bonus damage. Of course Surge is useless without high enough crit chance and thus it is possible its value will increase proportionally to our crit. Thus at the start Force Crit will be a higher priority and when we reach a certain threshold, we will value Surge higher.

Most likely we will want to get as much +Willpower on our items as possible. The items we have seen so far contain both secondary stats (FP, Crit) and base stats (WP) without "tax" in the form of item budget (i.e. the item can have WP, Str and Crit or WP, Str and FP, but not all 4 at the same time). This might not be the case for higher level items and as everything else is subject to change.

So, without taking relative stat values or ability coefficients into account, we have something like:

Willpower > Force Power > Alacrity > Force Crit > Surge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Sith Inquisitor All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: