Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buttniks
Chancellor

re: First ever Safari Hunt!

UMBRA's first Safari Hunt!

Safari Hunt is a new guild social event we are trying out. Rules are pretty simple. But the most important rule, anyone in UMBRA can join!

The hunt will be held in two planets Voss and Ilum. You can choose either planet.

Only materials that will count are Grade 5 and 6 of Archaeology, Bioanalysis, ans Scavenging.

Mission materials will not count but donated items will be helpful to have for the crafting fair.

There will be a time limit of 1 1/2 hours on the hunt. Starting at 3 PM EST. SHARP. Late attendees can still join in, but will be at a disevantge.

After the time limit is over everyone is to travel to Voss, we will meet in Voss-ka Cantina. Where prizes will be given out.

Some of the prize categories are;

Most Archaeology collected

Most Bioanalysis collected

Most Scavenged Collected

Grand Prize winner

Plus several random gifts/credits!

After the prizes have been given out there will be a small break in order for Crafters to prepare to take in orders for gear!

This will be the perfect time to get gear for Operations! Even if you're not 50 yet you can still put in an order for the gear you think you might need for Operations!

I will try to have at least one of each crafter. If we're short on one I will take in order in place of the crafter.

Note: Looking for a few volunteers for this social event who are willing to drop out of the hunt!

If anyone has any question messege Buttniks or Pandamonium.

Thanks,
Buttniks

Osirous
Prefect

This is awesome and I'll be there.

For the crafting fair I'd just like to reiterate if anyone has ciridium and/or mandalorian iron to donate that would help a ton. I still have about 20 lvl 50 schematics to unlock (haven't even bothered with the lvl 49 but I might if I get the 50's knocked out), and it took me about 2 stacks of ciridium and almost an entire stack of mandalorian iron to get the first couple. So I will need LOTS to unlock more schematics Happy

Osirous
Prefect

Oh, and I'll gladly drop out of the hunt to volunteer to help if you need me too.

Just a few thoughts I had on logistics:

Be on an appropriate planet and ready to go at 3pm! Ask questions at 2:45! :D Then get in Teamspeak in the planet's channel. The end time is strict to make it as fair as possible. Save your quicktravel for that.

People who aren't 50 and want to participate should group with 1-2 Level 50 toons who have complementary gathering skills. e.g. Archeology + Bioanalysis + Scavenging. Groups of 3 will probably work best in general.

We will probably form one or two raid groups for better communication. That way we can send groups to different areas of the world maps for the best coverage.

We should have a volunteer/coordinator on each planet with empty bags, just in case anyone needs to drop stuff off. If Buttniks is taking Voss, I can take Ilum or Corellia.

Please, volunteers and participants, empty your bags as much as possible, and make a note of any mats in your bags before you get started. You are not required to give away everything you pick up, of course. But we would appreciate it.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

I probably won't be able to make it to this Safari. My weekend is tied up, unfortunately. But can I donate some mats in my absence for the crafting fair? I have scavenging and Underworld trading, so I can donate mats from either or those to help out.

Who should I send them to?

Gamerpenny wrote:
I probably won't be able to make it to this Safari. My weekend is tied up, unfortunately. But can I donate some mats in my absence for the crafting fair? I have scavenging and Underworld trading, so I can donate mats from either or those to help out.

Who should I send them to?

You should probably send them to Buttniks.

I'll be working; so I won't make it to the safari and probably not the crafting faire either. I do have spare Grade 5 mats that I can send. Also, if there's any pending synthweaving orders that need attention just catch me in TS or send me in-game mail about it and I should be able to help.

Bobthetall
Prefect

I would like to make it but if i want to keep having money coming in I'll miss out. From the looks of things both. How ever I'll throw some matts your way Buttniks

P1zzaTheHut
Senator

Im down for the safari hunt. but buttniks if you need me for anything else let me know. Ill help ya out or go for the hunt cause you know i need the mats .. GTN is crazy! =)
Ripteye
Prefect

How will you insure people wont stockpile materials before the acctual event?

Rule #2 We strictly adhere to Wheaton's Law: "Don't be a Dick."

Battlenet Battle Tag Ripteye#1342

Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
Panda Sauce

Ripteye wrote:

We can't, although we now have a pretty good idea of what realistic gathering rates are now. This is our guild, and we're taking people's word for it that we won't cheat each other.

Of course, there are diminishing returns; you might as well sell them on the GM if you want a bunch of credits. Or better yet, sell them for a reasonable price to the guild crafters.

I had a lot of fun on this event. I hope we can do it again soon!

Pandamonium (bonnie) wrote:
Ripteye wrote:

We can't, although we now have a pretty good idea of what realistic gathering rates are now. This is our guild, and we're taking people's word for it that we won't cheat each other.

Of course, there are diminishing returns; you might as well sell them on the GM if you want a bunch of credits. Or better yet, sell them for a reasonable price to the guild crafters.

I had a lot of fun on this event. I hope we can do it again soon!

I hear ya and I am not trying to degrade the point of the event, was just stating what I thought might happen.

Rule #2 We strictly adhere to Wheaton's Law: "Don't be a Dick."

Battlenet Battle Tag Ripteye#1342

Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Umbra Forum Index -> Guild News & Game Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: