View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
QubanSith
Senator

re: 1.2 PvP

Hello All,

I'm going to pull out of raiding for a while to focus on PvP.

I want to put together an 8-player team for PvP queuing ranked WZ together when 1.2 is released.

Please send me a mail message in game (Quban) or reply to this post. We'll need a healthy mix of healers, dps and tanks.

That is all.

Thanks,
Q

Crazylor
Senator

re: Re: 1.2 PvP

QubanSith wrote:
Hello All,

I'm going to pull out of raiding for a while to focus on PvP.

I want to put together an 8-player team for PvP queuing ranked WZ together when 1.2 is released.

Please send me a mail message in game (Quban) or reply to this post. We'll need a healthy mix of healers, dps and tanks.

That is all.

Thanks,
Q

Hmm thought I made a post about this, but since I didn't, I'll join yours.

since im way more OP than Sion, I'll also join....someone needs to keep that fool in check, .
Shutupnrok
Zak-Shutupnrok
Senator

I'll join in on that action since I'm not involved in a regular ops group anymore.

Senator

I think the team comp should be 2 tanks, 2 dps, and 4 heals or 4 tanks, 2 heals, and 2 dps. I mean in our case we can change it up though, but these are sure fire team comps I've seen. For the first team comp, tanks would play an active role in switching their guards around disrupting the other healers while the dps clears all the other dps and any one attacking the healers. If any of you have played league of legends it's a pretty similar concept.

1 main slay 2 support and 1 objective/captain...perfect team comp...for halo....which is just like swtor...
Ren_Ahern
Chancellor

I want in on a ranked pvp group and I think a lot of others do too. I know at least one other thread like this has been going around as well as a lot of teamspeak talk, maybe we should schedule a PvP meeting to get everyone together and talk strat, team balance, play times, etc and plan how to best divide up into groups to make sure that <Umbra> is well represented in the ranks.
Shutupnrok
Zak-Shutupnrok
Senator

^^^ agreed ^^^

Senator

Well I've talked to Intuition, Ikon and Parox and they all want in on this group :P

I will be down for this as well as long as it doesnt become a 2nd job.....

Rule #2 We strictly adhere to Wheaton's Law: "Don't be a Dick."

Battlenet Battle Tag Ripteye#1342

Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
QubanSith
Senator

I think we need to schedule a guild meeting dedicated to how we are going to handle this new ranked PvP system. Advertise in guild chat for a week, make an official post on our forums and share with people that we will be going into 1.2 with a plan.

The last thing we want is to have people left out. Also, the idea of using a 'pool' of players will not work. To be successful in any truly competitive game, that has a structure, you need to play with regular people (similar to a regular Ops group.) Trust me, I know. I was a professional FPS player for many years and team chemistry is as important as sound strategy and strong individual skill.

During the guild meeting, we should assign captains to assemble their team and post the teams on our website.

This is the only way we can successfully plan for the ranked matches.

Crazylor
Senator

QubanSith wrote:
I think we need to schedule a guild meeting dedicated to how we are going to handle this new ranked PvP system. Advertise in guild chat for a week, make an official post on our forums and share with people that we will be going into 1.2 with a plan.

The last thing we want is to have people left out. Also, the idea of using a 'pool' of players will not work. To be successful in any truly competitive game, that has a structure, you need to play with regular people (similar to a regular Ops group.) Trust me, I know. I was a professional FPS player for many years and team chemistry is as important as sound strategy and strong individual skill.

During the guild meeting, we should assign captains to assemble their team and post the teams on our website.

This is the only way we can successfully plan for the ranked matches.

Agreed, I will be on any team that Intuition, Ikon, and Parox are on, I've learned to play really well with them and I've gotten used to everything they'll do so we don't even need TS to win games .

Crazylor wrote:

Agreed, I will be on any team that Intuition, Ikon, and Parox are on, I've learned to play really well with them and I've gotten used to everything they'll do so we don't even need TS to win games .

Well... you, sir, are an officer. I am not. Can you make this happen?

Bel_mont
Prospect

I'm sooo down for this. But, as most of the PVP'rs know, Parox and I are pretty much married to each other when it comes to PVP. Lol. As long as I'm with him I'm good. I like to think I get along fairly well with everyone else too.
Crazylor
Senator

I'll work on it! I'll update the calendar what date would you like the meeting??

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: